England batsman Tammy Beaumont has created history in the Women’s Ashes 2023 being played against Australia. Tammy Beaumont scored a double century against Australia. She has become the first female player of England to do so.
She played an innings of 208 runs and has become the first player in England and the eighth player in the world to score a double century in women’s cricket.
Tammy Beaumont completed her double century on the third day of the game. She has also become the highest run-scorer for England in an innings, while she also holds the record for scoring the first double century for England in Test cricket.
Women players who scored a double century in Test cricket:
- MAJ Goszko (Australia) – 204 runs Kiran
- Baloch (Pakistan) – 242 runs
- KE Flavell (New Zealand) – 204 runs
- J Broadbent (Australia) – 200 runs
- Tammy Beaumont (England) – 208 runs
- Ellyse Perry (Australia) – 213 not out
- Mithali Raj (India) – 214 runs
- KL Rolton (Australia) – 209 not out
Talking about this match, in response to Australia’s 473 runs in the first innings, the England team scored 463 runs in the first innings. Australia is now playing in the second inning, currently with a lead of 92 runs till the writing of this news.