When Chennai Super Kings released the list of retained and released players for IPL 2023, Tamil Nadu opener N Jagadeesan was one of the names in the list of players to be released.
This is the same N Jagadeesan who is showing such a game in Vijay Hazare Trophy 2022, seeing which big giants are getting stronger on pressing their fingers under their teeth. Actually, it is not easy to bat like this and the way he is scoring runs, it seems that how much talent he has.
N Jagadeesan has played six matches till he scored a double century in the Vijay Hazare Trophy and he hit a double century in his sixth match.
Not only this, in the first match of the five matches, he scored only 5 runs in 6 balls, but after that he scored 114 * runs (112), 107 runs (113), 168 runs (140), 128 runs (123) and 277 runs (141). That is, in the last six matches, he scored four centuries and one double century.
On the basis of his innings, N Jagadeesan registered many records in his name and made his record book very strong.
In this match, N Jagadeesan scored 277 runs in 141 balls with the help of 15 sixes and 25 fours, while Sai Sudarshan also supported him and scored 154 runs in 102 balls with the help of 2 sixes and 19 fours.
There was also a record partnership of 416 runs for the first wicket between these two. N Jagadeesan made many records on the basis of his innings. Let us know which records he made.
- This proved to be the highest individual score by any batsman in the history of Vijay Hazare Trophy cricket.
- N Jagadeesan and Sai Sudarshan made List A cricket’s biggest partnership (416 runs).
- N Jagadeesan became the first batsman in the history of List A cricket to score 5 consecutive centuries.
- N Jagadeesan holds the record for hitting the maximum number of sixes (15 sixes) in an innings of Vijay Hazare Trophy.
- N Jagadeesan brought up his double century off 114 balls and became the joint second batsman to score the fastest century in List A.
- The record of scoring the most centuries in a season of Vijay Hazare Trophy has now been recorded in the name of N Jagadeesan.
Before him, Virat Kohli, Prithvi Shaw, Rituraj Gaikwad, Devdutt Padikkal had scored 4-4 centuries in a season.
In this match Tamil Nadu team had scored 506 runs for 2 wickets in 50 overs and in response Arunachal Pradesh team got all out for 71 runs in 28.4 overs. For Tamil Nadu, Manimaran Siddharth took 5 wickets for 12 runs in 7.4 overs and this team got a big win by 435 runs.