Five out of 26 players have earned a promotion in the annual BCCI contract, two have been demoted while others retaining their contract, six other players, who were not contracted in the previous cycle, have been included in the present list while seven players have lost their contracts.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Sunday announced the Annual Player Contracts for the Rohit Sharma-led Indian cricket team for the 2022-23 season, which is for the period of October 2022 to September 2023. The 26 players named in the annual contract list have been divided into four grades – A+, A, B and C. Players in Grade A + fall in the pay bracket of INR 7 crore, grade A in INR 5 crore, INR 3 crore for grade B and grade C with INR 1 crore
- Ravindra Jadeja: Promoted from Grade A (INR 5 cr) to A+ (INR 7 cr)
- Hardik Pandya: Promoted from Grade C (INR 1 cr) to A (INR 5 cr)
- Axar Patel: Promoted from B (INR 3 cr) to A (INR 5 cr)
- Suryakumar Yadav: Promoted from Grade C (INR 1 cr) to B (INR 3 cr)
- Shubman Gill: Promoted from Grade C (INR 1 cr) to B (INR 3 cr)
- KL Rahul: Demoted from Grade A (INR 5 cr) to B (INR 3 cr)
- Shardul Thakur: Demoted from Grade B (INR 3 cr) to C (INR 1 cr)
Ishan Kishan, Deepak Hooda, Kuldeep Yadav, Sanju Samson, Arshdeep Singh, KS Bharat have all been added to Grade C (INR 1 crore).
PLAYERS WHO LOST THEIR ANNUAL CONTRACTS:
Veteran India cricketers Ajinkya Rahane and Ishant Sharma were both part of Grade B category (INR 5 crore) in the previous BCCI contract list, but have not been given fresh contract for the 2022-23 cycle. Meanwhile, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mayank Agarwal, Hanuma Vihari, Wriddhiman Saha and Deepak Chahar, who were part of Grade C (INR 1 crore), have all been dropped from the list.